I’m pretty excited about this post. I was at DI the other week and I found a doll stroller for $2. Since Vylette has been so interested in her dolls lately she was in heaven and she constantly pushes her dolls everywhere. Then I thought it would be fun to make some little accessories for her dolls.
And since she understands the whole diaper thing from experience I knew she’d love it when her dolls had diaper too!
So I’m passing on my creation!
(I made this for a 12″ doll, if you doll is a different size you can print the pattern larger or smaller in your printer settings)
a few designs of flannel fabric (I bought a few fat quarts at my local fabric store, but then used about 1/4 of it for one diaper)
white felt or fleece for the insides of the diapers (I used less than 1/2 yard for my 7 diapers)
velcro (2 sets (coarse and soft side) for each diaper
Sewing machine with thread
Now for the fun part!
- Get your fabric
- From the pattern cut one from the flannel fabric and one from the fleece/felt
- Pin right sides together
- sew along the outside, leaving an open space in the back.
5. Now turn right side out.
6. At the opening fold in both fabrics about 1/4″ and pin. Continue all the way across the opening.
7. Sew across the opening. Before you sew of the velcro next, put the diaper on the doll and wrap around the tabs where the velcro will go. Here is the waist needs to be adjusted you can sew the velcro further in on the fabric for a tighter fit. or farther out of the fabric for a wider waist.
8. Then sew on the velcro. The coarse side of the velcro should be on the front outside of the diaper. And the soft side should be on the back inside of the diaper. TO make sure the velcro is secure sew all the way around, and then make an X through the middle with your sewing machine.
AND You’re DONE! Enjoy!
I linked up at: