I’ve always wanted bookends that actually hold my books up. Every set I’ve had have been flimsy and never hold up anything. So I made my own.
All I used were bricks from my yard, some spray paint, and some felt.
I have a pile of old dirty bricks that have been sitting in my yard for a long time.
I picked out a couple of good ones and scrubbed all the gross dirt and grime off of them.
Then I took some spray paint to them. I did a couple coats…and then sprayed the bottoms with blue.
Once all the paint dried, I wanted to put some felt on the bottom so the bricks didn’t scrape up wherever I ended up using them.
I cut out little rectangles that fit the bottom of the bricks and glued them on. I didn’t take any pictures for you, because, well…….this happened:
I was lazy and didn’t want to get out the glue gun, so I used some super glue that was sitting on my table.
Wrong choice you guys.
The tube exploded, I got it all over my hands and all over the table. And when I finally got the felt on, the glue seeped through. I also ended up gluing the whole tube to the table! I knew it was probably the wrong choice. I have the worst luck with this stuff. One time, I glued my shoe to the floor. I didn’t realize it until I tried to walk away and fell over. Another time (well, several times) I glued my fingers together. I’ve also glued my palm to a screwdriver.
After a meeting with an friendly scrubber brush, I got out the glue gun-like I should have in the first place, and glued another felt piece on the bottom. It worked out quite nicely. No mess.
I love my new bookends. They hold up my books, just like they’re supposed to.
I linked up at: